Paulo Coelho - 'And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.'
That is such a comforting sentence.
The problem is, sometimes, you don't often realize when the universe is helping you out. The signs get ignored. In fact, sometimes it's ridiculously easy to ignore the signs. I am the sort who needs flashing billboard signs to sway me out of any decision I resolutely undertake.
If I can't physically do something, any friend who knows me well enough, will vouch that my sheer determination will propel me to achieve it. With that depth of willpower in me, I need something dramatic to veer me off my designated, internal, GPS-determined course.
One ex used to comment in wonder, "I love how when I think something is impossible, you go and pull your magic and make it happen. It's crazy. How do you do it?"
"Oh didn't you know?" I used to airily retort with a saucy wink, "Hi. My name is Lucy and I am somewhat, magical."
When you've made the wrong decision, uneasy feelings often intensify and the universe conspires to make you sit up and pay attention with little signs here and there, that can easily be put down to coincidence instead of synchronicity, which is what it really is (there's no such thing as coincidence, by the way).
When you still refuse to listen, then the universe stops whispering and starts roaring. When that fails, you get a sledgehammer moment.
Yeah, you musical readers...I know you've got Peter Gabriel in your head right now ;-) I'm a step ahead of you. Here you go and hopefully my HTML embedding will apply to iPhone users, since I've removed the flashplayer instruction. (Fingers crossed!)
I had such a sledgehammer moment today.
Allow me to elaborate. An opportunity arose that I've been dying to grasp with both hands and I was marveling at how it was all working out beautifully once I said the magic word 'yes'. Then a few other obstacles reared their heads, which made me feel that I should be more sensible, less carefree and subsequently made me renege on my initial decision.
Basically, I was putting everyone else first and taking a backseat on my dream and retreating into fallback girl mode by being the sensible one. My efforts at extinguishing my own fire came from a thoughtful and loyal place. Perhaps a bit too thoughtful and loyal, if truth be told. A few friends had gently and persistently been questioning my decision which, up till that point, I felt was the correct thing to do.
I was still admiring from afar at how it was all working out beautifully for everyone else, offering me some comfort that at least other people would get to do their thing in peace.
While, I only had a few gentle prods from the persistent peers, it was enough to make me start to realize that it was a crying shame that I was voluntarily clipping my own wings. After that doubt started creeping in.
The Universe hadn't finished with me yet. Those were just the whispers.
The Universe hadn't finished with me yet. Those were just the whispers.
During the course of today, a few things happened. First, early in the morning, I received a phone call from a 'higher-up' enquiring further about my plans. I had none. She said it was good of me, but nevertheless, a shame too, and seemed surprisingly concerned and sympathetic. I put the phone down and thought, How odd. That was practically a green light. For the first time, some real uncertainty crept in. (I ignored it).
However, in this tragi-comedy we call life, there was more to the plot. In every good story, there is an obstacle that needs to be overcome and a lesson to be learnt.
While I'm at it, here's the next tune to set the mood: Red light - Eddie Murphy and Snoop.
(When you've known Snoop for as long as I have, he can change his name to Daffodil for all he bloody likes and he's still 'Snoop' to me).
Back to the story: during the course of the day, I realized certain other people's plans were failing because I had removed myself from the process.
That didn't sit well with this particular Florence Nightingale.
I didn't quite ignore this specific sign.
I ummed and erred about tackling two of the obstacles in question face-to-face and asking them for help. Then I got exasperated with my own umming and erring by lunchtime and went off to the psisteria.
Walking back, armed with my fasolakia, I inwardly sighed thinking if it was meant to be I'll know about it somehow, so I'll stop worrying about the problem at hand since I can't make head or tail about what is the right thing to do. That was at 1.11pm. Portentous, no?
Enter the Universe at precisely 4.56pm when I went to make a cup of tea. For several reasons:
- I was putting other people first instead of myself.
- I thought it was for a good purpose.
- I wasn't being true to myself and what I desired.
As per some very wise words I've read over and again, which I fail to heed over and over again:
"The highest choice is that which produces the highest good for you ... When the absolute highest choice is made ... the highest good for you becomes the highest good for another."
(Conversations With God, Book One, pgs. 130-1)
The sledgehammer moment occurred when a more pushy friend cornered me and asked what my plans were. I said nada and explained why. She went into Super Organized Mode (she's Bridezilla at the moment, so hurdling over problems is second nature to any bride organizing her own Big Fat Cyppie Wedding) and fired out unasked-for advice.
She clarified that one of the two obstacles had been removed in recent days - unbeknownst to me -and therefore I was shooting myself in the foot by thinking of everyone else, since it absolutely wasn't necessary. It was perfectly fair for everyone involved to make the most of it.
I did, admittedly, get a bit huffy that I hadn't been told about said obstacle removal much earlier. But my huffiness was probably due to my heavyweight, Florence Nightingale halo falling off and shattering soundlessly in the kitchen, around my ankles, as I was drinking my stevia infused Lipton Yellow Label. I might have an identity crisis without it, you know. No wonder I got huffy.
I told her I'll think about it and most likely change my mind when I calm down as I pretty much want to tell everyone a big 'fuck you' at the moment. She agreed that right now it probably wasn't the best attitude to go with.
I went outside to have a rant on the phone to another colleague and noticed the warm weather. Once upstairs, I snapped a pic of the weather forecast. The time was 5.40pm. By then, my head was somewhat clear, especially after the office mathematical genius asked me where Puerto Rico was geographically and where the Caribbean was exactly. That generated some laughs.
The upshot is I get to do what I wanted to do in the first place, with no fear. The other colleagues whose plans were going awry magically all became glued together, even better than before.
The lesson was the same one that crops up; admittedly less so these days, but it's been awhile since I had to apply it in the workplace. The obstacles that prevented me from participating? Magically removed by the Universe, conspiring to work with me and everyone else. Thank you Universe.
The reference to the numbers are important. Those in the know will know. The rest can Google it. It would be untoward of me to give everything away. That's not part of the magic ;-)
The office mathematical genius remarked a few days ago that when he first met me, while he instantly realized I didn't take things lightly, he felt I took some things lightly. Now he's realized that I take absolutely nothing lightly.
He's absolutely right: I don't. I see hidden meaning in absolutely everything. But if I took everything lightly, there wouldn't be these intriguing blog posts, either.
And the final song of this post:
Grrrrr.....This had to do with my first post! It got deleted. So let me start again, with a clean mind. Welcome to the "awakening!". I guess that's what people call it now a days. I'm currently in the position of finding out what we are , what are we doing here etc.
ReplyDeleteAnd i think i got the jist of it. But it all started a few years ago, when i watched the first 14 minutes of the Secret on Youtube. I'm kind of ashamed to say i've watched the secret or read the book, and i say ashamed for the only reason that , that book was basically a "commercial" for what the real thing is all about. It came during a time when people needed money, crysis hit the world, and everyone was looking for a way out. I was in that position myself, mostly in the relationship and money problems that I had. So i needed an answer a way out, an easy way to success? a better life? etc?
ReplyDeleteI even tried the pyramid scheme jobs that were out there , work from home crap etc. Yes crap. Anyways, i remember clearly for a week, working on what the secret was saying. I remember i was excited! i was happy i found the TRUTH!.......hmmm...the Truth!?...nope. They kept on forgetting one thing with that book. They never really explained the "REAL SECRET" behind everything.
ReplyDeleteThey kept telling people what to do and how to do it, focusing always on one thing . MONEY. ....Anyways, i thought I had found the answer. And believe you me, a few things were working from what the book said, however it got tiring. Very tiring, keeping the same thoughts daily, about a few things...blocking out any other thoughts etc.
ReplyDeleteI kept on going to work, and thinking of 5 things to say to myself, before getting to work. "i'm going to have a great day today" i'm going to find parking at my work" i'm greatful for what i have" "I'm going to make money". something like that. My god, that shit was tiring. It kinda worked, i kept on finding parking....and that's about it. They don't teach you the most important thing in life. Gratitude, Real gratitude, and your SUB CONSCIOUS.
ReplyDeleteYour subconscious is the answer and the key to life and to getting things you want and love. Keeping positive is something we work on daily to get better at as time goes by and as we grow older, with our conscious mind getting more mature. However we are blinded by the fear that has been put upon us from the SYSTEM that we are currently living.
ReplyDeleteI dont exactly know what happened to me a few years back...i think in the beginning of 2012 i woke up from what they call the "awakening" I found myself from where i was being all MATERIALISTIC about life, and about the "useless" time spending in clubs at night, the heavy drinking, the partying, it all came to an end, in just ONE NIGHT. No that's not because i got older, or just got fed up, I woke up.
ReplyDeleteThat's what i want to call it. I find it so useless, and a waste of time, and an illusion. From that time, i started seeing clearly. I started asking for things i want and i'm gettting. Everything in my life changed from that point forward. My dog connected me to nature, im using nature to my advantage. I've learned what unconditional love means, while at the same time, i've learned to calm myself, and focus on things i want and I've started to believe in the subconscious power that we have.
ReplyDeleteOnce you get rid of that little voice that keeps tellling you "No way you can't do that man" then you are a winner! Trick to this is to make yourself believe that the subconscious mind is stronger than anything else , and whatever you want you will get , however you must try it with experience. And i've been going through a whole lot of EXPERIENCE and i've been observing, testing, and keeping track of what's been going on.
ReplyDeleteI can only say about the things that have happened, I WILL NOT SHARE THINGS I WANT TO HAPPEN...cause they won't happen :p. Remember this is your universe, or as i would like to call it " My shit" and everything around "My shit" is mine and will be as i want it to be. Simple as that. Its sounds like magic, but its not.
ReplyDeleteIts called Energy, frequency, mind over matter, Mind body and soul, God the son the holy spirit...whatever you want to call it, its us doing this, and its happening when you actually believe you can for REAL. Let me give you an example...You would say, how come i can't win the lottery". Well that's because you say, "I WILL WIN THE LOTTERY" and the inner voice says..."STFUP, no way..." so that "no way" just took your gift away. Yup...once you change that voice that you REALLY REALLY believe you will win that lottery, well forget it, its gonna take time. Another thing is being grateful. I was never grateful, i am now...i'm reusing things i have which i didn't use before, and i do it with love as well. :) it makes a difference. I wanted to get fired, I got fired, i wanted to find an apartment by the beach at the price i can afford, where my dog can play at a certain location, etc, i got it, i wanted to work from home, i got that too, i wanted to become a social media marketing manager for some company / org / whatever, somewhere in the world to gain experience, "i got a job from NEW ZEaland and Nigeria doing exactly what i asked for"...working from home, doing what i love doing. And many more folks. It works, just as long as you change your state of mind. Your thoughts are very powerful. I'm changing the negative to positive, but Please understand NO IM not one of those people that go around saying LOVE YOU PEACE< etc..i'm AWARE of my surroundings and the REALITY everyone is going through. as i'm going through it with all . I understand there are many types of "spirituality" people around, well i'm no hippy. I still get mad, i still get angry, but not even close to how i used to be. So to me, all this change is a good thing. Experience life as a game. Connect the dots when you were young, and huymble, and CLEAN! (mind). Fear and the system kept us from "moving on up". My special no, is 2. Everything happens in 2's. Things i want i get either in 2 days, 2 months, 2 years. Depends. not sure on what, but it depends. I lost my wallet the other day, i found it 2 days later . Not even close to where i was at. And i didn't go looking for it. The universe brought it to me. That was no coincedence. I kept on believing that i didn't lose it. So i focused on saying, i've misplaced it, no way i lost it. Its not in the house, but it will show up! i said that for 2 days, it showed up. I really believe that if you go back and rethink your past, when you were young, things you asked for, anything you've asked for, think about it....didn't you receive? and how did you receive it? if you didn't receive it yet, you will don't worry! Just keep in mind, that the ones that SEEM UNBELIEVABLE they are only unbelievable to happen if you let your subconscious mind believe you can't have it. Once you believe you can have everything, and become anyone you want, your life will take new meaning. :) I wake up daily , ready for what the univeres has manifested for me. A phone call, a message, a letter, Whatever negative i take it, i analyze it, i ask myself, ̇why did this happen let me rethink, how i should react to the "negative". Like i said, i'm not avoiding the problems, i'm just not facing them like i used to. Since my thoughts are the STRONGEST part of my whole universe, i'm watching out what i'm wishfull thinking. Again, i just scraped a small part of my own life experiences...VERY SMALL PART i go through little things like these DAILY since finding out this power we have. ALL HAVE by the way....we ALL have this. Anyways...i'm happy, i'm good, i'm content with myself. I wanted to start a blog, i've started but i haven't got to it just yet. I will when i feel ready :D. I swear i have more to say! but i think i've said too much :p
ReplyDeleteI love your reply hon! :-) Very verbose, very true to you and very what it is called "evergreen". I've written an "evergreen" blog post and you've commented in an evergreen way. It's on a meaningful topic that will stay meaningful in years to come, when someone else passes through my blog and doesn't know either of us. How utterly fantastic. I agree with absolutely everything you said my dear verbose Hilton buddy :) I've seen the change in the reconnection with nature and the lovely animal spirit that is Clooney and I've noticed the disappearance of the clubbing scene. You touched upon so many salient points: the importance of a grateful heart, the power of the consciousness of thought, and none of that fake positive crap either, changing your mindset by looking from the inside-out (and not outside-in like we normally do). Plus the fact that none of us are perfect. We still slip up and slide back into old habits, especially if there's something still to be healed there. I know I bloody do. But recognition of that is a start. And yes, I was never amazed by The Secret either. Ugh!! I picked it up a few months ago having resisted reading it till then, flicked through it and did not gel with it. So I put it back on the bookshelf. Something about it bothered me. There's far better written books on the topic. Hahaha - yes, and your point about childhood, I remember I used to get everything I wanted before the days of self-doubt crept in and building insecurities. It's a nice journey back to that again or whatever the Universe throws at us. All life's little learning lessons. Anyway 'dpapa' - thank you so much for reading, your evergreen comments and reposting them - TWICE no less. Definitely get rolling on your blog! You will be spectacular! It's just soooo nice to hear your voice coming through and you love posting your thoughts and stories on fb, so a blog will just have everything in one easy place. People will definitely be reading. They always do even if they never say and this sort of stuff always puts a smile on people's face when people start expressing their own reality and let their own personality shine through. Keep observing! Keep posting, recording and keep commenting every which way! Thank you TONS! xxx
DeleteI was always afraid of judgement. I was afraid of what others might think...of anything in general basically...not anymore...especially when your in the same state of mind as me. And lucy, remember one thing, we never met out of coincedence...yes we have mutual friends here and there..but i think our friendship could be more than that...maybe to "connect the dots" between our own experiences, tips, help, advice, whatever the thing i'm just reading out the signs. Positive energy attract positive energies. People that are angry at the world, are not part of my world anymore, even though i'm still angry at people, i'm changing that state of mind to "Its their business, THEIR PATH, their choice, NOT MINE. Well not anymore anyways, cause back in the day, i was getting into peoples buisiness and that got me in trouble. No more though, NOW I UNDERSTAND :D . cool!
DeleteHehehe! You are so right! I will reply properly tomorrow with my coffee and chill time. Long day, but that is a brilliant response! Much love and sleep well ... Till avrio! ;)
ReplyDeleteFYI: coincidence is god's way of remaining anonymous!
Delete